Apr 5, 2008

Clouds, Beer, Blonds

You guessed it - I'm back in Helsinki ! It had been about 6 months since I last set foot in this country but when I landed in Tampere airport it seemed like just yesterday. Nothing much has changed here and everything seemed familiar. It's great to see M again and I've moved in with her, living in a one room apartment by the sea in a suburb not too far from the centre. It's going to be hard to fit back in I'd imagine - the culture, the language, the climate, the fact that life is quite different here to what it is like in Brussels. Still, it's temporary - I'm going to finish the studies, I've got my old job back and life is going to get started again after this week of moving in, sorting things out and bumming around with M getting to know each other again.

The 6 lane road has disappeared to be replaced by the Baltic Sea but the itchy feet are still there. Coming here is the next step towards the big rollercoaster of life - a place where I can get money coming in, work a job which actually pays, get the Masters finished and find out where I'm going. As long as I can avoid spending it all on overpriced beer...

On that note, I'm off for a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment