Dec 5, 2008

Impulse Purchase

I'm not usually an impulse purchase fan. It seems to me to be the epitome of "shop for the hell of it". Given that I'm an enormous hypocrite, of course, I tend to do it quite a bit myself. Usually, though, it's been limited to chocolate bars while queueing for the shop check-out and the like.

Today though, I impulse purchased a holiday. M's going on a girly trip to Paris and, given that I'm not a girly, I'm barred from the trip. In a fit of jealous rage and in order to not be sitting around bored all weekend, I decided to go see some friends in Poland at the same time. Flights weren't easy to hunt down when I looked at them yesterday (meaning that they were very easy to hunt down, but not for cheap) so I extended my horizons slightly. Half an hour later I was drooling over a cheap deal to the Middle East. Today I asked my boss for some days off around the Easter weekend and tonight I whipped out M's Visa card and bought it. It's come so quickly that it hasn't really sunk in ! So on the 8th of April I'm hopping on a plane to Beirut. 6 days later, my return will be taking off from Damascus. It seems I'm going alone and I really don't know what to find there. It's the first time I'll have really travelled by myself (aside from little overland A-to-B trips in Europe) and my first time in the Middle East (or indeed any part of Asia) so it'll be an interesting trip - both in terms of discovering a new part of the world and maybe discovering myself a little.

Very cool. I'm very happy. And excited. And, most of all, I'm wondering how to break this news to my mother.

2 comments:

  1. ok,

    a) mother is going to have a heart attack. youre a dead man.

    b) tbf noone likes you "impulse shopping"... WITH YOUR GIRLFRIENDS VISA CARD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a) it seems that this problem has been negotiated

    b) clearly paid her back immediately didn't i ! no1 likes you claiming debts from me several times over claiming i didn't give them in the first place !!

    ReplyDelete